LinkedIn        Twitter

HP Network Management Center
| 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
>
>>
>|
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
Forum History 0 J. Rutten Our apologies for the absence of the historical discussion threads in this forum. We are experiencing technical delays in migrating the discussion history, and expect it to be completed in early June. In the meantime, please continue to post your questions, comments, and discussions as always.
by J. Rutten
Saturday, June 04, 2011
NNM Reporter 1 nponte@stmh.org official end-of-support was 31 December of 2012 for NNM7.5x vintages so you are going to have a lot of trouble getting much help on troubleshooting that environment. you MAY be able to find some out-of-print outside books about NNM of that vintage if you are desperate (notwithstanding that this question item is already about four years old). Two books that might be of some use for that:"Fognet's Field Guide to Network Node Manager" (2006) by Mike Peckar (was available on amazon dot com but I do not know if it still is),and "HP OpenView System Administration Handbook" (2004) by Zitello/Williams/Weber
by T. avent
Tuesday, February 11, 2014
MPLS network mgmt. with Non-Cisco, Non-Juniper equipments 1 raghu Raghu: what is the name of your company? do they have a website?thxTracy
by T. avent
NNMi 8/9 Oracle databse schema 2 OV4ME as far as I am aware, the NNM factory has not publicly published the schema, nor do they support directly querying nor manipulating the tables. there are however some integrations between NNM and an HP product UCMDB, wherein asset records detected (discovered) by NNM are also migrated as configuration-items in the UCMDB and from there I gather there is at least somewhat more direct support for queries of that database for a variety of purposes. The decision to document/support schemas and direct db queries appears to be a decision of a specific HP product factory unit, hence the "schema" story is different from one product to another.
by T. avent
down alerts by email 1 n. parab generally you are doing that with add-on products. NNM itself does not include external emailer or ticketing products but does have hooks to interact with various of them, and vendors of those external products often provide features specifically for NNM integration. Google searchs will probably give you some commercially available examples, such as Xmatters Alarm-Point and probably some shareware tools which you may also find described in some other postings in this blog.
by T. avent
HP OpenView 2 H. Patty regarding the overall history of OpenView, there are some public wiki pages that mention it, and some out-of-print. Regarding Network Node Manager (if that is what you are actually referring to)...outside books that have various "forward" chapters that describe some of that evolution. Among the most recent of those books,is "Fognet's Field Guide to Openview Network Node Manager" published in about 2006. It was neither the first, nor the most recent of the various and periodic independent efforts, but that particular one was written by Mike Peckar who is also a moderator of this group, and covers aspects of versions 6.4 to about 7.5 whereas the current shipping version of NNM is 9.23 in case that matters (and from a technicalstandpoint, and especially as per the look and feel of the 9.x GUI, it does matter quite a lot, although the fundamental concepts of SNMP have not changed all that much).
by T. avent
NNMI and SPi Traffic 1 s. derivry my impression (and I'm not an expert in Netflow) is that the rate at which those telemetry samples accumulate,is partly a function of how your devices are configured, and partly how much traffic volume is being detected bythe interfaces. to deal with that overall volume, there is a distributed "leaf-collector" scheme in the data handlingportion of the iSPI-traffic data-acquisition and archival features.
by T. avent
NNMi9.01 & BSM9.10 Integration 1 n. parab generally there are product-pair-specific docs released by the factory pertaining to integration;in the case of NNM-BSM there are several primary approaches with respective advantages anddis-advantages. those docs are published for download on the//support.openview.hp.com tech support ("passport knowledge base") site pages and can be found with an embedded search engine.
by T. avent
NNM / OMU compatibility matrix 1 D. Shaw generally the factory term for that kind of doc is a SUMA (SUpportMAtrix) and originally it was not publiclypublished but I have seen some version of them occasionally posted to the //support.openview.hp.comsite pages. they require a free subscription and generally use of an embedded documentation search engineand if you don't find it there, contact tech support; they may be able to get you info from an non-public one ifthat is what you need to make a decision or propose some kind of deployment plan.
by T. avent
nnmi var binds 1 abaum if you string-search the NNM console online help for topics like "varbind" or "cia" (the latter means "custom incident attribute") you will find lots of  search hits relating to how to reference trap varbinds and data record lookups about the managed node/interface that a trap has been associated with.
by T. avent
Thursday, June 27, 2013
NNM7 and NNM8i training course part number information 1 tavent as an update for NNM9.1 and NNM9.2 training, here is the most direct link to training marketed toward the US and Canada...once at this site you can change the "country" pulldown at the top of the page, but note that most of the training we do for NNMthese days is VILT (virtual, internet-led training, done remotely via a web interface) so students from a wide variety of english-speaking countries can potentially attend them although there are also native-language versions of some courses forJapanese, Korean, Chinese, Spanish etc. As the prior posting mentioned, course numbering is different now, and we offerboth a 5 day admin-essentials course and a 3 day admin-advanced course. those two have the largest following. http://h20546.www2.hp.com/main/training/course_list.cfm?ProductID=116&filtertype=all&sitepick=US
by T. avent
Thursday, June 27, 2013
NNMi Installtion question 1 OV4ME there are internal calls when OM is used with oracle, in which we call "admin" commands with an OM user name and then "su" those to an oracle user called "opc_op" (set up by the OM-oracle integration features). I am not personally familiar with the oracle option for a stand-alone NNM instance but it is possible they are doing something like that,and that you have to equate somehow with a particular user in oracle. I suggest opening a support ticket on that, or reading the entire documentation about the oracle db option for NNM. I have not read that doc but I assume either there or the install/config guide that youwould be able to answer your question. Since oracle can be configured in a lot of ways, it would be necessary to know how your oracle instance was configured in the first place, at least in regard to valid users and passwords, and based on your comments it looks like you are already familiar with that, so the part you need is how NNM uses oracle. very likely you need a specific user in NNM and some kind of mapping to an oracle user, and some utilities to alter that mapping if you need to change users or passwords.
by T. avent
Thursday, June 27, 2013
How to monitor virtual network Infrastructure with HP 1 cdeme NNM 9.11 has some VM guest-OS and VM server (vmware ESX) features included, but they are limited to what info you can expect toget from standard "HR" mib (for guest-OS vm's) and private.enterprise.vmware (for ESX).
by T. avent
Thursday, June 27, 2013
correllation composer and NNM 7.x 1 lais sorry it looks like you did not get an answer on this for a long time.   The composer interface in OM/OVO is based on APIs from the OM agent, not SNMP based APIs so it really has nothing in common with Node Manager.NNM8 and NNM9 have an entirely different event stream API set than NNM7 had, so for the most part I would not expect any of the circuits made with "ovcomposer" from NNM7 to work in NNM8 or NNM9 platforms. By NNM9.11 there were roughly equivalent embedded circuit features WITHOUT a separate ovcomposer interface, included in the incident-configuration features for both SNMP traps and "management-events" (read: poller-generated alarms), so there is not much need for composer-based features anymore.
by T. avent
Thursday, June 27, 2013
Seeking NNMi Consultant 1 josanche there is also a linked-in group concerned with network management in case you are subscribe to that site; they do have irregular postings about consultants looking for gigs and  customers looking for consultants.
by T. avent
Thursday, June 27, 2013
Network Management software is kind of php customer support 1 l. wen NNM9i and NNM8i (and even to some extent the web interfaces on NNM7) are mostly based upon perl code fromwhat I gather. Perl was a de-facto standard scripting language before PHP was invented, has a reputation for beingavailable on all of the operating systems that HP Software considers with regard to strategic product platforms, and is used for far more diverse applications than just http web pages, is OS-independent and provides extensive APIs to applicationsoftware as well. I assume but do not know for sure what other strategic decisions the factory has made with regardto supporting web-interface code, but it is possible that some php calls might be made when using https or other sslbased security modes.
by T. avent
Thursday, June 27, 2013
NNMi License Error 1 B. B I'm having the same issue. so if you hear something please let me know at polyzon@hotmail.com. Good lack
by N. Polyzos
Thursday, September 13, 2012
FREE Help Desk Software 0 A. Gregory So,how can free help desk software actually help me to help my business establish its position,improve on it and maintain this improvement?Time a lot of time can be saved by having help desk software. For example, if you have templates in place, it saves a lot of time for your help desk professional in terms of typing the same email over and over again.Cost having help desk software can be cost effective, as the amount of functions it has within the software would perhaps be unaffordable, if you had individual staff members carrying out the tasks. Accuracy more often than not, computer systems are more accurate than a human being, thus when dealing with problems, often having an automated system in place will minimise the risk of error and dissatisfied customers.     Customer Satisfaction as stated earlier, utilising help desk software makes customer satisfaction that little bit easier and more feasible! Now, you're probably thinking where can I get this free help desk software from? How much is it going to cost? With so many different types of help desk software on the market, it is often difficult to decide which one you should opt for. You should always choose help desk software that is suitable for your company's business needs.
by A. Gregory
Sunday, August 12, 2012
Best cheap or free help desk software? 0 A. Li Are you looking for some cheap or free help desk software/ticket support software? Are you looking for some useful ideas? Maybe you have downloaded and tried everything on the planet. Maybe you do not want to get any helpdesk solution that requires you to set up servers and php and sql and such.Well...Well...hosted help desk or cloud based help desk service is what you are looking for. 2help.biz is a cloud based help desk and self-service customer support platform.No server, no installation, no retaining required. It can assist you to keep tracking of your customers support tickets and allows your customers to easily and succinctly relate their issue to you.Now you just need one account to start your business service online without any requirement for hardware.
by A. Li
Wednesday, June 13, 2012
PHP Helpdesk Solution- Recipe of Business Success 0 A. Li   The PHP Helpdesk Solution allow administrator and users to browse the ticket made,the history of the ticket and and can make a new ticket and ect.It is able to help a business owner establish solid relationships with their customer base.     PHP Helpdesk solution has a history where it is able to remember per-client issues,it will help customers establish common, reoccurring problems, which it can then deal with quickly and efficiently.You can install it and use its comprehensive options directly.You can also use to it to go on your helpdesk secondary development.     Moreover,PHP Helpdesk software is a ticket support,customer service and FAQ system which powered by PHP and MySQL Server.It allows both operators and customers to create a ticket. These tickets are assigned to operators for direct support to customers.    Besides,the role played by any PHP helpdesk support solution development company is very vital and has a wide range of importance, right from gathering the data as per requirements to documentation, cost estimation, coding, prototype and functionality, integration, design optimization, debugging, testing, deployment and maintenance.SME(small medium enterprise),even major industry need PHP Helpdesk Script Download to boost their online and offline business development.Training,Hotel,E- business and many others business also can benefit from it.
by A. Li
Monday, June 25, 2012
Education is Empowering

HP Discover 2014

Sign In

Forgot your password?

Haven't registered yet?

Vivit Blog