Contact Vivit
Become a Leader
Become a Sponsor

Community Search
Calendar

8/10/2015 » 8/13/2015
HP Big Data Conference

8/11/2015
Developing a Comprehensive Test Automation QA Strategy with Quantifiable Results

8/12/2015
3 Tips to Move from Performance Testing to Performance Engineering

8/13/2015
Iowa Chapter Meeting / Post Discover 2015 Summer Event

8/14/2015
Nebraska Chapter Meeting / Post Discover 2015 Summer Event

LinkedInTwitterFacebookGoogle Plus

HP Network Management Center
| 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
>
>>
>|
Forum Actions

Topics   Replies Score Author Latest Post
Forum History 0 J. Rutten Our apologies for the absence of the historical discussion threads in this forum. We are experiencing technical delays in migrating the discussion history, and expect it to be completed in early June. In the meantime, please continue to post your questions, comments, and discussions as always.
by J. Rutten
Saturday, June 04, 2011
OVO Work Opportunities in London, UK 1 kishang there is at least one linked-in group that relates to "openview" and from time to time there are job postings there, so that might be a place to start. I might also recommend looking on the net for professional recruiters who specialize in computer or IT technology and work in some particular regional geography.
by T. avent
Monday, January 19, 2015
is there any NNM SDK release for NNM version 8.1 ? 1 amit.arali@gmail.com as far as I am aware, the APIs did not automatically ship with NNM8 so you need to order the developers' kit (SDK) platform.http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM1269345seems to be a still-usable info link to the product support site.
by T. avent
Monday, January 19, 2015
NNMi App Failover & HPOM Agentry 1 EricWoodland there are newer approaches to NNM-OM integration in NNM9 and OM9 that may be somewhat more compatible with an application-failover NNM configuration. The newer form of integration is called "web services" which does not depend so much on a dedicated OM agent on the NNM server, last I read up on it. I do not believe that option was available for NNM8 but only for NNM9 and later.
by T. avent
Monday, January 19, 2015
HPOV DM 6.0 API Replacement? 1 abondan teMip is effectively the marketing replacement for the DM platform. My impression is that teMip is derived from the old DEC polycenter product which HP acquired in the compaq merger but I do not know this to be a fact. here is an outside URL that seems to support this notionbut be aware it is not official HP documentation and is likely to be outdated.http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_687cda2f0100jpif.html
by T. avent
Monday, January 19, 2015
NNM 8.10 : ovjboss Exited on signal 11, core dump 1 mail4loys possibly you have subscribed to some kind of auto-patch service which has "improved" your operating system and broken the NNM service. most likely you need some patches on NNM to compensate for whatever oracle has chosen to do with solaris. by now you are also running a somewhat outdated release of NNM as well.
by T. avent
Monday, January 19, 2015
Custom Poll on NNM8i - Can I poll statistic value ? 1 hngo I am not aware of a way to specifically use a "prior polled value" as a threshold, but you can use your custom poller to use a "threshold setting type" to "count" and enter a value like 3, which will require the sampled value to exceed your threshold at least 3 consecutive times, so it is sort of a comparison to a previous sample.
by T. avent
Monday, January 19, 2015
NNMi Web Service 1 britonb that depends on what version of NNM you are running. from NNMv9 onward there is a console "help" feature topic called 'URL' that gives a pretty exhaustive set of examples of how to do "direct launch" of specific console features (including tabular listings of database records) which will probably get you pretty close to what you want. It will require some patience and a lot of copy-paste to get the URL syntax right. Be advised that this whole topic is VERY DIFFERENT if you are using NNM7 or prior releases.
by T. avent
Monday, January 19, 2015
Openview - Email Integration 1 ianrowley if you do the "full" install of NNM bits from the DVD media, you will get a "contrib" folder which historically has included a fewexamples of commandline-based integration with emailer clients (depending on what is locally installed, which depends in part on the OS type that NNM is installed upon). A google search may also find you some blog items about that.
by T. avent
Monday, January 19, 2015
NNM8i New Install - DB question 1 brandygary I doubt that the factory ever published a db schema document in that product vintage. there is a long-shot possibility that a NEWER document describing the oracle rdbms integration MIGHT answer some of her questions, but be aware that major release versionincompatibilities may exist for specific table-spaces. One of the reasons that the factory chooses to change a major-number-releaseversion, is to indicate forward-backward compatibility issues. it appears at least for the NNMv10 doc set that I have downloaded from the http://support.openview.hp.com site (redirected to a new page as of september 2014)that the primary search-hits concerning "oracle" are in the "NNM deployment reference" pdf. I did not seeevidence of a detailed data schema though.
by T. avent
Monday, January 19, 2015
Looking for HP Opsware Consultant with HP Server 1 sheila-k@pacbell.net for what product?
by T. avent
Monday, January 19, 2015
Problem: NNM 7.5x nmdemandpoll -s collection station -- 1 jdiblasi why are you using the "!AnySegment" term? That one is likely to produce some problems. Segments are always calculated by the LOCAL NNM processes which are interpreting your data. What were you trying to accomplish with this filter in the first place?
by T. avent
Monday, January 19, 2015
license and multiple ip addresses 1 zzhu you are using a quite old version of NNM which is long past formal support. I suggest if you are using this in any kind of production environment, that you consider getting something newer, either version 9 or version10. Freeware license versions exist for those releases, which did not in NNM7, and it would be much easier to get current documentation and help with the newer versions in common use. All that said, my VAGUE recollection is that the license presumes to work with whichever IP is actually routing (or failing that criterion for decision, which one is the lowest chassis-address of a card driver) so it might work if you "ifconfig" or "ipconfig" your secondary interface "down" then re-start your NNM processes, make sure they are running, BEFORE you enable the secondary IP address, so our license service binds to the right IP which would presumably match your license encryption.
by T. avent
Monday, January 19, 2015
how to change HP Openview default SNMP Ports 1 rajaselvam I assume since you refer to verion 8.6 that you are using Operations Manager ( aka OVO ) wherein the settings for SNMP listenerare configured in files that define default parameters for the OM agent. The OM manager does not automatically do SNMP "get" operationswith the exception of very basic attempts to identify the OS and hardware type of an agent install target. The OM agent params are described in the administrators' reference PDF set which are available on the newly re-directedhttp://support.openview.hp.comsite page, which requires a free subscription so you can get a login name and a password. Once into that new site, keyword searches will automatically include the factory-release documentation PDF set and there is a feature in that search result list, to download the common product docset so you can have local copies of those PDFs.
by T. avent
Monday, January 19, 2015
Data Center Hot Tub Video 1 brad_schlag@hp looks like it has been removed from youtube.
by T. avent
Monday, January 19, 2015
isNewNode 1 N. Johannessen Sorry I'm just noticing this now. Did you get an answer to your question?
by M. Procopio
Friday, December 05, 2014
New stackable switch support in NNMi 10 0 M. Procopio With the growing complexities in the data center network, stackable switches are expected to be the workhorses in the next-generation virtualized data center. Read the details from Karthikeyan Senthilkumar Software Designer at HP Software. Unravelling the Mysteries of Stackable Switch Management – NNMi 10.00 Stackable Featurehttp://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Service-Management-BAC/Unravelling-the-Mysteries-of-Stackable-Switch-Management-NNMi-10/ba-p/6665788#.VGOvtPnF-RI
by M. Procopio
Wednesday, November 12, 2014
NNMi 10.00 a more technical view 0 M. Procopio Tapan, an NNMi engineer, has written a blog post about what's new in NNMi from a more technical view point.http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Service-Management-BAC/Network-Node-Manager-NNMi-10-00-Making-a-perfect-10/ba-p/6643182#.VFJx0_ldVVU 
by M. Procopio
Thursday, October 30, 2014
NNMi inventory 0 M. Procopio Just wanted to let you know of a new blog post on NNMi inventory, you can read it at http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/Business-Service-Management-BAC/The-keys-to-how-inventory-works-in-HP-Network-Node-Manager-i/ba-p/6635532#.VCry8fldWYA 
by M. Procopio
Tuesday, September 30, 2014
NNM Reporter 1 nponte@stmh.org official end-of-support was 31 December of 2012 for NNM7.5x vintages so you are going to have a lot of trouble getting much help on troubleshooting that environment. you MAY be able to find some out-of-print outside books about NNM of that vintage if you are desperate (notwithstanding that this question item is already about four years old). Two books that might be of some use for that:"Fognet's Field Guide to Network Node Manager" (2006) by Mike Peckar (was available on amazon dot com but I do not know if it still is),and "HP OpenView System Administration Handbook" (2004) by Zitello/Williams/Weber
by T. avent
Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Sign In

Forgot your password?

Haven't registered yet?

Vivit Blog